by Christine Hasenhundl
Ah, Summer… you look forward to it every year. It is time to enjoy our beautiful state, go on vacation, welcome family to visit, and spend time outside!
But about a month into this summer thing your children start saying phrases you dread like, “there is nothing to do,” “I’m bored,” and “we’ve already done that.” Well, I am going to try to help you with a few places and things to do around our area that will hopefully give you some relief from those dreaded phrases.
1. Crack Pots- this is a great place to paint and create for you and your children.
Address: 505 Main St, Longmont, CO 80501 Phone: (303) 776-2211
2. Longmont Museum-here you can discover the history around this area, as well as explore their ever-changing specialty exhibit.
Address: 400 Quail Rd, Longmont, CO 80501 Phone: (303) 651-8374.
3. Sunflower Farm- here is a small family-owned farm that has lots to do and explore.
Address: 11150 Prospect Road, Longmont, CO 80501
Phone:( 303) 774-8001
4. Parks…we have some really nice ones in our area:
• Hart Park
• Harney Park
• Firestone Sports Complex
• Settler’s Park
5. Niwot Children’s Park- This park is a hidden treasure in a quaint town.
Address: 101 1st Street Niwot, CO 80503; niwotchildrenspark.com
I hope that this gives you some ideas for your children this summer and gets you out to enjoy some local fun.
Christine is the owner and lead teacher of Little Blessings Preschool and has over a decade of early childhood education experience. She lives with her husband, three dogs, and cat in Firestone.